Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 35 of 35

Thread: Calling all PM Felicity lovers!

  1. #31
    AngieGill
    Guest AngieGill's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by AGCrayZee:
    This would also explain why brand new dolls have Pleasant Company heads, I would guess.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, from what I understand, that face sclupt was purchased by Pleasant Rowland from Gotz expressly for Pleasant Co. So, that is why the Pleasant Co is on the back of them all and then, natrually when she sold to Mattel, they would, in turn, hold the rights to that facial sclupt. They may have made new molds from the older ones, which would explain why the new dolls faces are a tad larger, thus the larger eyes. Besides, Mattel has kept their name out of the public view in regards to this company, which is probably why they have left that alone. We may see that change in the future to American Girl being on the back of the necks. I bought a Josephina less than a year ago and she had American Girl on the back of her neck, not Pleasant Co, which makes me wonder what is going on there. I am sure that it is a copyright issue.

  2. #32
    Inactive Member AuntBarb1999's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2004
    Posts
    53
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The only thing I would rely on regarding a body tag, clothing tag, or hair care tag would be the country where that part or piece of clothing was manufactured. I think AG is obligated to represent that accurately. I'm guessing AG has used several vendors to keep up with demand. The dolls have been made in Germany, U.S.A., and China so far that I know of.

  3. #33
    AngieGill
    Guest AngieGill's Avatar

    Post

    I didnt know that they were made in Hungary until just recently.. I had always thought it ws just China and Germany. I guess you go where the cheap labor is when you are looking to mass produce something.

  4. #34
    Inactive Member PrincessRuthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,054
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Lorie said that my Felicity was used in photography, like maybe she was one of the models that Pleasant Company used for catalogues, etc. That would make her a prototype I think.

  5. #35
    AngieGill
    Guest AngieGill's Avatar

    Post

    A true prototype is a one of a kind.. it is the item that was presented to manufacturing and most always has minor differences from the doll that was actually produced.. things such as the type of lace, print of fabric, type of ribbons used.. things like that. Prototype dolls are dolls that were presented and then the marketing dpt makes changes according to what would be cheaper to produce or what types of materials the company already has on hand. Most always, there documentation that came with the doll. I have several very good friends that have designed under Mattel as well as companies such as Intergrity Toys and I was contacted to design for Paradise Galleries earlier this year.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ August 29, 2005 10:58 PM: Message edited by: GillyGals ]</font>

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •